On your first visit to The Retina Institute of Florida:
- You will be asked to complete a brief medical history and certain registration forms. Therefore, it is helpful if you arrive a few minutes early in order to do so.
- Please bring your current Medicare and/or insurance cards and information in order for us to maintain accurate billing information and to expedite processing of your claim.
- If your insurance plan requires prior authorization, please obtain this before your visit.
- It is helpful and important to bring your current eyeglasses or contact lenses, even if they are unsatisfactory.
- Please avoid bringing young children, if possible. Initial visits usually require one hour or more, and children will naturally become restless during a wait of this length of time.
- Dilating drops are used for the examination and will blur your vision for several hours. Plan your visit accordingly and arrange for a friend or relative to drive you home.